Sunday 1 February 2015

#389: Don Henley - The End of Innocence

Don Henley - The End of Innocence
June 27, 1989, Geffen

1."The End of the Innocence" - 5:16
2."How Bad Do You Want It?" - 3:47
3."I Will Not Go Quietly" - 5:43
4."The Last Worthless Evening" - 6:03
5."New York Minute" - 6:37
6."Shangri-La" - 4:55
7."Little Tin God" - 4:42
8."Gimme What You Got" - 6:10
9."If Dirt Were Dollars" - 4:34
10."The Heart of the Matter" - 5:24

RESULTS
Rate: 4/10
Best Song: I Will Not Go Quietly
Worst Song: The End of the Innocence

Comments
Eh.
I guess I just don't like soft rock.
This Album is laughable because of how serious he tries to make himself. However, if you are trying to have a serious song about becoming a man, or if there really is a God or not, don't add ridiculous electric guitar effects, synthesizers, Axl Rose as a harmony singer, and wind chimes all into the same song. 
It's really....I don't know. I've never enjoyed soft rock, I suppose, and it took me a while to even like The Eagles, so maybe this was just bias, but-

Well, it's an opinion blog, I guess I'm supposed to be biased. 

I don't know. I wouldn;t listen to this again if someone offered. Ha. I can just imagine hanging out with a group of friends, and going; 

"Hey, guys, wanna rock out to Don Henley? I've got 'The End of Innocence' on Cassette!"

No comments:

Post a Comment