Monday 18 January 2016

#371: Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
January 23, 2006, Domino USA

1. "The View from the Afternoon" - 3:38
2. "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" - 2:53
3. "Fake Tales of San Francisco" - 2:57
4. "Dancing Shoes" - 2:21
5. "You Probably Couldn't See for the Lights But You Were Staring Straight at Me" - 2:10
6. "Still Take You Home" - 2:53
7. "Riot Van" - 2:14
8. "Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured" - 2:23
9. "Mardy Bum" - 2:55
10. "Perhaps Vampires is a Bit Strong But..." - 4:28
11. "When the Sun Goes Down" - 3:20
12. "From the Ritz to the Rubble" - 3:13
13. "A Certain Romance" - 5:31

RESULTS
Rate: 9/10
Best Song: I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
Worst Song: Riot Van

Comments
A butt load of my friends listen to Arctic Monkeys, I'm used to the electronic dance shit they churn out, and that's what I was expecting.

However, I was hit with a wave of one of my favourite rock genre's: 

Garage Rock.

I love garage rock. The dirtiness, the "screw it, jot it down", the attitude...There's just so much shit to it. You can smell the house party and ripped clothes.

The songs are really good, but sometimes they felt a little drawn out. Not the Artists fault, it's my own personal opinion on the repetitiveness flaw in every music. It's just the blast from newer music.

No comments:

Post a Comment