Tuesday 20 May 2014

#425: Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel

Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel
January 1974, Reprise

1. "Return of the Grievous Angel" – 4:19
2. "Hearts on Fire" – 3:50
3. "I Can't Dance" – 2:20
4. "Brass Buttons" – 3:27
5. "$1000 Wedding" – 5:00
6. "Medley Live from Northern Quebec:"
(a) "Cash on the Barrelhead"– 2:12
(b) "Hickory Wind" – 4:15
7. "Love Hurts" (Originally performed by Boudleaux Bryant) – 3:40
8. "Ooh Las Vegas" – 3:29
9. "In My Hour of Darkness" – 3:42

RESULTS
Rate: 4.5/10
Best Song: Ooh Las Vegas
Worst Song: Hearts on Fire

Comments
Well, let's get this over with.
Again, never been a huge country fan. This is classified as "Country Rock", so I figured it would sound like Johnny Cash. It didn't. It sounded like country. Do not want.
The Album is interestingly laid out. It turns into a live Album halfway, then back to a studio Album. It's a pretty interesting concept that I haven't heard so far.
The Album gets good near the end.
Tips to Parsons for some of my favourite country lyrics:

"Well, the Queen of Spades is a friend of mine
The Queen of Hearts is a bitch
Someday when I clean up my mind
I'll find out which is which"


Haha, that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment