Friday 2 May 2014

#435: Nirvana - In Utero

Nirvana - In Utero
September 13, 1993, Geffen

1. "Serve the Servants" – 3:36
2. "Scentless Apprentice" – 3:48
3. "Heart-Shaped Box" – 4:41
4. "Rape Me" – 2:50
5. "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle" – 4:09
6. "Dumb" – 2:32
7. "Very Ape" – 1:56
8. "Milk It" – 3:55
9. "Pennyroyal Tea" – 3:37
10. "Radio Friendly Unit Shifter" – 4:51
11. "Tourettes" – 1:35
12. "All Apologies" – 3:51

RESULTS
Rate: 10/10
Best Song: Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle
Worst Song: Very Ape

Comments
Anyone who knows me understands that this is no surprise to me.
I was in a band for awhile, and we covered every single Nirvana song we could think of, listening to Albums, demos, everything. So, yes, the rating is very biased.
But it's my Blog, so I can do whatever I want.
Cobain really let his passion out in this one. He unleashed an array of talent, alongside Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic. He smashed through a completely new genre and created his own, because it was him. Everyone sounded much more relieved in this Album, but still stressed, while the essence of apathy covers every song beautifully. The sound factor and garage-like tone really adds in, and choosing a "Best Song" was impossible, so I randomly picked from my top 3.
So, if this Album is so Godly,
Why is it in the goddamn 400's?!

1 comment: