Friday 9 May 2014

#431: PJ Harvey - Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea

PJ Harvey - Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea
October 23, 2000, Island

1. "Big Exit" - 3:51
2. "Good Fortune" - 3:20
3. "A Place Called Home" - 3:43
4. "One Line" - 3:14
5. "Beautiful Feeling" - 4:00
6. "The Whores Hustle and the Hustlers Whore" - 4:01
7. "This Mess We're In" (featuring Thom Yorke) - 3:57
8. "You Said Something" - 3:19
9. "Kamikaze" - 2:24
10. "This Is Love" - 3:48
11. "Horses in My Dreams" - 5:38
12. "We Float" - 6:07
13. "This Wicked Tongue" - 3:42

RESULTS
Rate: 8.5/10
Best Song: Big Exit
Worst Song: We Float

Comments
I've never heard of PJ before, but I'm glad I have now.
Her music (Alternative Rock) is pretty solid. It's a commandment of both Hole and those underground garage rock bands that they play at free venues.
It's so cool.
A heavy dose of vocals blasted together with a compromise of garage rock turns out to be extremely powerful for someone like me, and I felt myself enganged with the music personally.
That was sappy, I apologize.
But it really was good music, it just felt like it was missing something, but even I don't know what.
Featuring Radiohead's Thom Yorke, worth a good listen or two to a couple golden songs on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment