Sunday 22 June 2014

#411: Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard

Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard
July 1974, RSO

1. "Motherless Children" (Traditional) – 4:55
2. "Give Me Strength" – 2:51
3. "Willie and the Hand Jive" (Originally by Johnny Otis) – 3:31
4. "Get Ready" – 3:50
5. "I Shot the Sheriff" (Originally by Bob Marley) – 4:30
6. "I Can't Hold Out" (Originally by Elmore James) – 4:10
7. "Please Be With Me" (Originally by Charles Scott Boyer) – 3:25
8. "Let It Grow" – 4:57
9. "Steady Rollin' Man" (Originally by Robert Johnson) – 3:14
10. "Mainline Florida" (Originally by George Terry) – 4:05

RESULTS
Rate: 5.5/10
Best Song: Motherless Children
Worst Song: Let it Grow

Comments
The horrible abomination of Steve Jobs, Woody Allen, and Ben Affleck known as "Eric Clapton" is a legend in the music industry, as easily the most influential rock/blues guitarist of the 70's/80's.
So why does his music suck?
I haven't heard much other than "Cocaine", and I'm aware of his other albums like "Cream" and "Layla" (Although I've never heard), but this acoustic Album was just not good. Clapton is just waaay too overrated. And is every goddamn song a cover? I thought Clapton had originality? Somebody shot the sheriff, but it wasn't you, Eric.
I'm assuming heroin can make you think bad music is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment