Thursday 19 June 2014

#415: Van Halen - Van Halen

Van Halen - Van Halen
February 10, 1978, Warner Bros.

1. "Runnin' with the Devil" - 3:36
2. "Eruption" - 1:43
3. "You Really Got Me" (Originally by The Kinks) - 2:38
4. "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" - 3:50
5. "I'm the One" - 3:47
6. "Jamie's Cryin'" - 3:31
7. "Atomic Punk" - 3:02
8. "Feel Your Love Tonight" - 3:43
9. "Little Dreamer" - 3:23
10. "Ice Cream Man" (Originally by John Brim) - 3:20
11. "On Fire" - 3:01

RESULTS
Rate: 9/10
Best Song: Eruption
Worst Song: On Fire

Comments
Van Halen is considered "Cheesy" in this household, and I can see why.
But goddammit they have talent.
Eddie Van Halen is undebatably one the greatest guitarists to grace the Earth, and nobody can argue that. I only got to hear Van Halen's singles "Jump" and "Panama", so I figured this Album was all relatively new to me, but when I heard "Eruption", I had to change my pants.
Roth's vocals do sound very glamorous, but I think that's the only thing separating the band from hard rock and metal. It's pretty unique.
Once you can play all that on guitar, you have the freedom to tell me that Van Halen sucks.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment