Wednesday 30 April 2014

#442: Devo - Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!

Devo - Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!
August 28, 1978, Warner Bros.

1. "Uncontrollable Urge" - 3:09
2. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (Originally by The Rolling Stones) - 2:40
3. "Praying Hands" - 2:47
4. "Space Junk" - 2:14
5. "Mongoloid" - 3:44
6. "Jocko Homo" - 3:40
7. "Too Much Paranoias" - 1:57
8. "Gut Feeling" / "(Slap Your Mammy)" - 4:54
9. "Come Back Jonee" - 3:47
10. "Sloppy (I Saw My Baby Gettin')" - 2:40
11. "Shrivel-Up" - 3:05

RESULTS
Rate: 5/10
Best Song: Shrivel Up
Worst Song: Mongoloid

Comments
With one of the creepiest Album covers of all time, Devo hits big in this classic Album.
Devo is one of those bands that you are not allowed to hate.
I just can't get into New Wave.
It's so weird. I remember that older metal can Album with Johnny Rotten, and I didn't really like it. This sounds alot like that. I'm trying so hard to hold back a "Whip It" pun, so bear with me.
The Album is comprised of weird-ass noises and sounds that sound like my sister learning piano in different effects, with a rock band trying to practice at the same time. It's confusing, and I had to struggle to fully understand what I was listening to.
I like the Album cover, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment