Tuesday 22 April 2014

#456: Marvin Gaye - Here, My Dear

Marvin Gaye - Here, My Dear
December 15, 1978, Motown

1. "Here, My Dear" – 2:48
2. "I Met a Little Girl" – 5:03
3. "When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You" – 6:17
4. "Anger" – 4:04
5. "Is That Enough" – 7:47
6. "Everybody Needs Love" – 5:48
7. "Time to Get It Together" – 3:55
8. "Sparrow" – 6:12
9. "Anna's Song" – 5:56
10. "When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You (Instrumental)" – 6:03
11. "A Funky Space Reincarnation" – 8:18
12. "You Can Leave, but It's Going to Cost You" – 5:32
13. "Falling in Love Again" – 4:39
14. "When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You (Reprise)" – 0:47

RESULTS
Rate: 7/10
Best Song: Anger
Worst Song: Anna's Song

Comments
Right off the bat, this might be the most smoothest music I have ever listened to.
They're pretty sweet songs, and the melody makes even the most uncomfortable subjects feel like poetry in motion. The backstory was Gaye wrote this during his failing marriage, and all the royalties went to his wife, and so forth. It's a pretty crazy backstory for some very chill music.
While each song is pretty soothing, it's hard to take in all at once. Halfway through I became a little bit bored and annoyed with the Album.
I'd recommend one song at a time with evenly spaced out breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment