Thursday 27 March 2014

#488: Hüsker Dü - New Day Rising

Hüsker Dü - New Day Rising
January 1985, SST


1. New Day Rising - 2:31
2. The Girl Who Lives on Heaven Hill - 3:03
3. I Apologize - 3:40
4. Folklore - 1:34
5. If I Told You - 2:05
6. Celebrated Summer - 3:59
7. Perfect Example - 3:16
8. Terms of Psychic Warfare - 2:17
9. 59 Times the Pain - 3:18
10. Powerline - 2:22
11. Books About UFOs - 2:40
12. I Don't Know What You're Talking About - 2:20
13. How to Skin a Cat - 1:52
14. Watcha Drinkin' - 1:30
15. Plans I Make - 4:16


RESULTS
Rate: 6.5/10
Best Song: How to Skin a Cat
Worst Song: Perfect Example

Comments
What the...?
Alright, I grew up with this kind of music. No problem. Some I loved, some I hated.
I don't know to feel about this kind.
Honestly, the whole album is just noise. So was Nirvana, and pretty much every grunge-like band, but this crosses the boundaries on what's music and what's just random note mashing. The sad part is,
I kind of like it.
Still, the album was a little hard to listen to. I feel like they would have been so much better to see live. Bands like these don't belong in studios. I wish I could have a taste for Husker Du's music, but, unfortunately, I suppose they are just too unique for me.
Or maybe they just suck.




1 comment:

  1. You need to go into the basement into the giant box of CDs. The is a Husker Du album in there called Everything a Falls Apart. After you done this challenge you should listen to it. Do you know what Husker Du means?

    ReplyDelete