Wednesday 26 March 2014

#497: The White Stripes - White Blood Cells



The White Stripes - White Blood Cells
July 3, 2001, Sympathy



1. "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" - 3:04
2. "Hotel Yorba" - 2:10
3. "I'm Finding It Harder to Be a Gentleman" - 2:54
4. "Fell in Love with a Girl" - 1:50
5. "Expecting" - 2:03
6. "Little Room" - 0:50
7. "The Union Forever" - 3:26
8. "The Same Boy You've Always Known" - 3:09
9. "We're Going to Be Friends" - 2:22
10. "Offend in Every Way" - 3:06
11. "I Think I Smell a Rat" - 2:04
12. "Aluminum" - 2:19
13. "I Can't Wait" - 3:38
14. "Now Mary" - 1:47
15. "I Can Learn" - 3:31
16. "This Protector" - 2:12
                                                   


RESULTS
Rate: 8/10
Best Song: Fell in love with a Girl
Worst Song: Little Room

Comments
Alright, before I set things straight: I've loved the White Stripes ever since I was a kid. I remember being in love with "The Hardest Button to Button". But I'll push my biasness aside for now.
This album has alot of mixed genre in here. You've got a prominent Garage Rock feel, with an Indie kick, and just a splash of blues. Its a nice feeling. The album as a whole feels messy, but kind of in a good way. Alot of emotions throughout each song, which is good. This album features "We're Going to be Friends", a hit with misunderstood teenage girls. Still, its a cute little song.
It's hard to find good Garage Rock, but Jack really killed it with "Fell in Love with a Girl". It's the kind of thing you want to rock out to. As with "Little Room", I dont know what the hell they were thinking. The drums were the worst part. Fuckin' Meg.
However, the rest of the Album was pretty solid, and a nice experimentation with rushing songs. Could use a bassline, but it's still fine without.



No comments:

Post a Comment