Wednesday 26 March 2014

#496: Boz Scaggs - Boz Scaggs


Boz Scaggs - Boz Scaggs
1969, Atlantic


1. "I'm Easy" (Scaggs, Barry Beckett) - 3:05 
2. "I'll Be Long Gone" - 4:13 
3. "Another Day (Another Letter)" - 2:53 
4. "Now You're Gone" - 3:47 
5. "Finding Her" - 3:56 
6. "Look What I Got" (Charles Chalmers, Donna Rhodes) - 4:10 
7. "Waiting for a Train" (Jimmie Rodgers) - 2:40 
8. "Loan Me a Dime" (Fenton Robinson) - 12:30 
9. "Sweet Release (aka Desolation Avenue)" (Scaggs, Beckett) - 6:13


RESULTS
Rate: 5/10
Best Song: Loan Me a Dime
Worst Song: Waiting for a Train

Comments
Honestly, when I looked at the cover, I thought that this would either be about some stuck-up dick, or a yodeler.
It was just really boring.
The album started off promising. "I'm Easy" was actually pretty upbeat. Sadly, as the Album went on, it got seemingly worse and worse. It got to a point where I was forcing myself to pay attention. Luckily, I got to a gem in the pile: "Loan me a Dime". It's way too long, but its worth about half of it. Also, the slide guitar was pretty cool. I wonder who did that?

No comments:

Post a Comment