Wednesday 26 March 2014

#495: Bonnie Raitt - Give it Up

Bonnie Raitt - Give it Up
September, 1972,  Warner Bros.


"Give It Up or Let Me Go" (Raitt) – 4:30
"Nothing Seems to Matter" (Raitt) – 4:05
"I Know" (Barbara George) – 3:47
"If You Gotta Make a Fool of Somebody" (Rudy Clarke) – 3:00
"Love Me Like a Man" (Chris Smither) – 3:12
"Too Long at the Fair" (Joel Zoss) – 2:58
"Under the Falling Sky" (Jackson Browne) – 3:45
"You Got to Know How" (Jack Viertel, Sippie Wallace) – 3:36
"You Told Me Baby" (Raitt) – 4:12
"Love Has No Pride" (Eric Kaz, Libby Titus) – 3:47

RESULTS
Rate: 3/10
Best Song: Nothing Seems to Matter
Worst Song: Too Long at the Fair

Comments
I don't know why this is classified as "Rock", its completely Country.
I really didn't like this album. I don't hate all country, just most of it. This falls into that category of bad. The Album feels like it should be played at a "Jay's Wild Wings Pub & Grill" kind of place. I'm not really into that kind of stuff. Still, it was pretty funny to look at all the sad rednecks commenting on the songs. Brought a smile to my face. Also, Bonnie Raitt plays some good guitar, and not once in the entire half hour did her voice annoy me. Her voice is nothing short of amazing, and her guitar skills are smashing, its just I really dont like this kind of music.


1 comment:

  1. You're a better man than me for getting through a Bonnie Raitt album.

    ReplyDelete