Wednesday 26 March 2014

#498: The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses (1989 UK Release)



The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses (1989 UK Release)
April/May, 1989, Silvertone

1."I Wanna Be Adored"  4:52
2."She Bangs the Drums"  3:42
3."Waterfall"  4:37
4."Don't Stop"  5:17
5."Bye Bye Badman"  4:00
6."Elizabeth My Dear"  0:59
7."(Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister"  3:25
8."Made of Stone"  4:10
9."Shoot You Down"  4:10
10."This Is the One"  4:58
11."I Am the Resurrection"  8:12
RESULTS
Rate: 7/10
Best Song: Waterfall
Worst Song: Don't Stop

Comments
This genre of music is alot more in my comfort zone. The Stone Roses is one of those bands that was loaded with potential, but gave up way too early. This Album highlights a fantastic debut album. A DEBUT album. Their FIRST album is considered on of the greatest of all time. That's saying alot.
Anyways, pretty solid album, lots of a UK rock feeling in here. Figures. "Don't Stop" has a dreamy element to it, but I found that they probably could have executed it a little sharper. "I Am the Resurrection" is one long ass song, and just when you think it's over, another bridge sets in. Threw me off a few times.
Catchy Album, Strong lyrics, but you can tell that they were newcomers.

No comments:

Post a Comment