Thursday 27 March 2014

#491: Albert King - Born Under a Bad Sign

Albert King - Born Under a Bad Sign
August 1967, Stax

1. Born Under A Bad Sign - 2:47
2. Crosscut Saw - 2:35
3. Kansas City - 2:33
4. Oh, Pretty Woman - 2:48
5. Down Don't Bother Me - 2:10
6. The Hunter - 2:45
7. I Almost Lost My Mind - 3:30
8. Personal Manager - 4:31
9. Laundromat Blues - 3:21
10. As The Years Go Passing By - 3:48
11. The Very Thought Of You - 3:46

RESULTS
Rate: 8/10
Best Song: Born Under a Bad Sign
Worst Song: Kansas City

Comments
Can I just say that I really love the Album Cover art?
When I first turned on this Album, I wasn't too enthralled about listening to more Blues. However, something about this...it just felt different. Maybe it was his voice. Whatever the case, I ended up really liking this album. It was chill and laid-back, but still had emotions there if you needed it. The song's timings were perfect. It ended beautifully on key, something that seems to be rare on this list. It just felt like it lacked a certain kind of energy.
Then again, it is blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment